(Last Updated On: January 27, 2018)
Why fire burns upward?
Usually you see that fire burns upward but you ever thinks about why fire burn upward?
Why fire doesn’t burn downward? What is the reason behind this? Here is you can understand the reason easily.
- We all know that fire burns upward. But why?
- We can understand this with a candle example.
- When we burn a candle, then we saw that fire burns upward. In this process, base of flame not so hot than upper flame. So atom around of upper flame get very hot and its density will decrease atoms around of base of the flame get low heat and its density will increase. So, there is work a force due to difference in density, which apply opposite to the gravitational force. It is called Buoyancy Force.
- The color of the flame is spooky blue light.
- So, fire burns upward due to buoyancy force.