Go Physics is going to make a group for sky gazing and astronomical observations with naked eyes or telescopes. This group is only for those who are a true science seeker and astronomy lover and living in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. The group name is Go Physics Sky Gazers (GPSG).
About Astronomical Observation And Sky Gazing With Us
We will start the astronomy observation from the beginning to the next level step by step. Firstly we will understand basic astronomy terms and after then we will explore the night sky with our naked eye and after then we will explore upcoming space events. Then we will learn how to use a telescope. And then we will observe the night sky with a telescope. We will take help from some reputed colleges (Like Poddar International College), institutions (Like Birla Planetarium), and teachers for that.
Our team has purchased all the required software and instruments for sky gazing. You don’t need to carry out any gadgets or laptops.
- You must have basic knowledge about Astronomy. For example, you should know about our solar system, planets, galaxies, stars, and other stuff.
- You must live in Jaipur or have to come to Jaipur.
- When any important astronomy event or phenomenon will happen then you should available with our group.
- Anybody can join us, it doesn’t matter that you are in school, UG, PG or in research filed.
- We will not take any responsibility for your accommodation and food facility.
- We will spot any good place for astronomy observation and sky-gazing according to any upcoming space event.
- We will help each other with knowledge and money if needed. If we need to travel anywhere or stay at night then we have to contribute in money for that accommodation and travel charge.
- We will meet with each other daily or after one day and will do astronomical observation for almost 1 Hour.
List of Some Initial Experiments
- To become familiar with the astronomical objects visible to the naked eye in the night sky using the software.
- To become familiar with the Constellations in the night sky using the software.
- To identify the retrograde motion of Mars with respect to the Background stars.
- To identify some of the prominent spectral lines in the spectrum of our sun.
- To get familiar with the spectra of different stars.
- To extract coordinates of a star assuming a telescope in an equatorial mount. You will also learn the concept of sidereal time.
- To measure astronomical distances using Cepheid variables.
- To measure the Proper Motion of Barnard’s Star.
- To identify a Circumpolar Star.
- To determine the distance and age of cluster using Colour Magnitude Diagram.
- To determine the Orbital Inclination of the planet Mars.
- To measure planetary distances.
- To measure the distance to the Moon.
- To determine the observer’s location by means of the stars.